Château des Tourtes
Cuvée Prestige Rouge
- Category: AOC Blaye Côtes de Bordeaux / Château des Tourtes / Rouge
- Appellation: Blaye Côtes de Bordeaux
- Color: Red
- Surface area : 7 hectares
- Soil: Silicious-clay with graveley sub-soil
- Age of vineyard: 25 years and more
- Grape varieties: 85 % Merlot, 15 % Cabernet Sauvignon
- Yield: 45 hl/ha
- Production: 40 000 bottles
- Winemaking: Parcellar selection with maturity control. Grapes are sorted after picking and 100 % destemmed. The temperature of fermentation is regulated between 28 and 30°C for 8 to 10 days. After fermentation the wine is kept on the skins for additional 15 to 25 days. Malolactic fermentation. Aged 12 months in oak barrels.
- Tasting Notes: Deep, garnet-red color. The nose is reminiscent of blackberries with toasty overtones from the wood. On the palate, it is full-bodied with a strong backbone, and a great capacity to age 5 to 8 years. The fruit is beautifully balanced with the flavors from the oak barrel.
- Food pairing: It will be well appreciated with all red meats and sauce dishes.
- Technical sheet: Download PDF