- Category: AOC Blaye / Château des Tourtes / Rouge
- Appellation: A.O.C. Blaye
- Color: Red
- Surface area : 2,5 hectares
- Soil: Silicious-clay with graveley sub-soil
- Age of vineyard: 30 years and more
- Grape varieties: 75 % Merlot – 25 % Cabernet Sauvignon
- Yield: 35-38 hl/ha
- Production: 13 000 bottles
- Winemaking: Parcel selection in the appellation Blaye. Grapes are destemmed and sorted manually. Fermentation for 8 to 10 days, after a cold pre-fermentation maceration. Long maceration period of 3 to 4 weeks. Malolactic fermentation in barrels. Aged in oak barrels for 12 to 15 months (70% new barrels).
- Tasting Notes: Very concentrated, deep purple roble. Complex, elegant nose with a mix of black fruit jam aromas and toasted wood (vanilla, grilled). Powerful, rich tannins in mouth. Elaborated with rigor and care, this well balanced wine will enchant you after
3-4 years and could easily age up to 10 more years.
- Food pairing: A wine made for wine lovers. To savor with friends around a dish of venison or a tasty piece of beef.
- Technical sheet: Download PDF
DOWNLOAD THE TECHNICAL SHEET