Château des Tourtes
Cuvée Classique Rouge
- Category: AOC Blaye Côtes de Bordeaux / Château des Tourtes / Rouge
- Appellation: Blaye Côtes de Bordeaux
- Color: Red
- Surface area: 20 hectares
- Soil: Silicious-clay with graveley sub-soil
- Age of the vineyard: 20 years and more
- Grape varietals: 70 % Merlot – 30 % Cabernet Sauvignon
- Yield: 50 hl/ha
- Production: 130 000 bottles
- Winemaking: The grapes are destemmed 100%. The wine is macerated on the skins for 20 days at 28-30°C. Temperature-controlled fermentation. Malolactic fermentation. Aged 6 months in stainless-steel tanks.
- Tasting Notes: Bright, ruby-red color. A reserved nose of black currant and raspberry bouquet. Medium-bodied, soft in the mouth. Well balanced, very pleasant drinking.
- Food pairing: Marries well with poultry, red meats and cheese. Ready to be drank in its youth, it is a convivial and pleasurable wine.
- Technical sheet: Download PDF